Sunday 18 December 2016

Silent Night

Hi there,
I am finally posting my Christmas cards that I sent out to family and friends this year. I did send these out a couple of weeks ago so it's safe to blog about them now. I have had this card design saved up from last year. I made this card at a stamp club I attended last year and actually made  heaps of these cards in January this year, just so I wouldn't forget! I did have to make a heap more but at least I had half made.
 My friend  who runs the stamp club  I love attending told us she had seen this idea on pinterest and sent  us the link on how we could recreate this card at home. So pop over to the lovely Lydia's blog to see how she made this beautiful card. She even has a video. Click HERE to visit Lydia's amazing blog.



I did decide not to pop out the windows and doors and coloured them yellow instead, to represent lights inside the houses. I saw this idea on another blog about colouring the windows yellow but cannot find that link anywhere. It was not with this die it was with a stamp of little houses that had been coloured with copics, I just thought that made sense to me.




I hope you do like my card. I was desperately hoping to get my hands on some sort of glitter spray to spray the sponged night sky but it was sold out everywhere and I am on a waiting list for when it arrives....suffice to say I'm still waiting! I did try using my Wink of Stella and brushing it over the sky but that did not end well so I just left them glitterless 😞

That's it for today. Have a lovely day. 
Cheers Donna 😄

No comments:

Post a Comment