Tuesday 4 October 2016

A Beautiful Day Part 4

Hi there,
how are you this fine sunny day?  I trust you have got into your craft rooms today and played. Do you remember these cards from this post?

 

Given that I made sixteen of these lovelies, I decided that if I bundled them up into groups of four (there are four different coloured backgrounds) I could give them as gift sets. 

I had a bit of a play around with the packaging and came up with two types. Both similar just the closure a little different. The first type was inspired by this one HERE. Mine is not nearly so lovely as the one the lovely Michelle made. I was actually just experimenting at this stage. I didn't follow the measurements from this post rather measured mine out myself to fit my card dimensions. The closure flap is a piece of DSP from Stampin' Up, glued to the back of my box and then folded over the top  with the front piece cut on an angle. Here are the photos so you can see.





I had a different closure for the other boxes. Whilst I liked the closure on the first box, I do think the DSP needs to have a piece of card backing it to make it a bit more durable and sturdy.
Anywhoo, here are the other boxes.







As you can see it closes just like a normal  box and has a belly band around the middle to help keep it closed and to add a bit of decoration. The flower I stamped on the belly  band is the same flower that is on the cards inside the boxes from the A Beautiful Day stamp set from Altenew. I made three boxes with the belly band and one box with the decorative flap.  

So what do you think? Which closure is your favourite? The box is simple to make and just takes one sheet of A4 CS. 

Have a lovely day.
Cheers Donna :)




No comments:

Post a Comment