Thursday 29 September 2016

Thoughtful Branches Take 3

Hi there,
yes back again with some more crafty goodness.

Yes I'm using the Thoughtful Branches stamp set and coordinating dies, Beautiful Branches thinlets from Stampin' Up again. I was inspired by this creation over at Becky Robert's blog Inkin Idaho.

 

I made a couple of these cards, they were pretty quick and easy. I do have to say that stamping onto the die cut proved a little challenging. I found lining up the leaves not that easy. The die cut kept moving as I was hovering the clear block over the top to make sure of perfect alignment, thus making the stamping not quite lining up. In the end I put a bit of snail on scrap paper, ran my finger over it a few times to trake away some of the tackiness. I stuck the die cut on to this and then stamped......yes "winner, winner chicken dinner" the stamped image was more or less aligned correctly. It's still not 100%, but by  my calculations 98% is pretty awesome.



A side view so you can see the dimension achieved through using lots of dimensionals lol


And finally here are the two completed cards. This would be easy to whip up many in the different colour combinations that hydrangeas come in, blue, purple, pink and white and give away as gift sets. I think my mum would like something like this.

Hoping your day is magnificent!
Cheers Donna :)

No comments:

Post a Comment