Sunday 21 August 2016

Seaside Shore Interactive Card

Hi there,

it's been a while, but have I got a special card to show you.

 This card was inspired by the lovely Jessica Williams over at The Paper Caper. Click HERE to see her gorgeous card that I have been just champing at the bit to CASE. I was actually going to copy her whole card, because I absolutely love it. But then a funny thing happened ( more on that later). As you can see I didn't copy it exactly, BUT I did  copy  quite a few elements of Jessica's awesome card, especially using the Beautiful Branches thinlets for the coral!


 OK, so onto the funny thing that happened. I happened to come across an interactive/moving card tutorial with accompanying video (Awesome! My kind of tutorial) on the wonderful France Martin's blog, Stamp & Scrap with Frenchie. France also includes all written measurements and dimensions on her blog as well as in the video tutorial.Click HERE to see the tutorial and France's card. France calls it a peek-a-boo card. The minute I saw the tutorial I knew I had to make a card with the Seaside Shore stamp set. I have seen lots of cards using this stamp set on pinterest that feature a porthole and I just had to make the coral like Jessica Williams did, so my card was born. 



As you can see something happens when you open the card.







There is a panel that moves across and it reveals the sentiment. How amazing is that? I just love it!

Here's a close up of the sentiment and my attempt at drawing seagulls....the top one is a bit on the dodgy side lol


A couple of extra close up photos  to show some more details.


The fabulous coral!



The sentiment attached to some kitchen string I looped and knotted, no fancy knots here my friends!!!

So that's my card. What do you think?

 Don't forget to  pop over and see Jessica William's card and France Martin's easy to follow video tutorial for the peek-a-boo card and the birthday card she made using the tutorial.

Don't forget to leave a comment and let me know what you think.

Cheers Donna :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so amazing Donna! I love everything you've done on this one. Just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW thanks Jessica, that means a lot to me that you love it! It's all thanks to your wonderful card that mine was born.....so thank you! Cheers Donna :)

      Delete
  2. Wow sure love your take on this your card is beautiful. So glade you found my video helpful.
    Have a great day


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks soooo much France, you have absolutely made my day with your comment! I am so so happy that you love my card. I would never have been able to achieve this card without your amazing and inspiring video. I love everything you do and love watching your videos. Hoping your day is fabulous too. Cheers Donna :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, this card is amazing!!! Wonderful! I feel like "under the see"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your very kind words Monika. I am so very glad you like my card.Have a fabulous day. Cheers Donna :)

      Delete