Saturday 2 July 2016

A Colour Challenge



I have made two cards today for a colour challenge over at Pootles. The colours to play with are smoky slate, so saffron, pool party and pink pirouette. I have never done a colour challenge before.





Luckily for me the challenge stated that you could use all of the colours or some of the colours. I went with some of the colours, and added three more colours ( soft suede, crumb cake & sahara sand) for the beautiful baby bear image, I do hope that is OK and within the parameters of the challenge. I am thinking it's not but at least it got me fired up, thinking and creating instead of cruising pinterest and other peoples blogs lol!

Anywhoo......

The base of each card is smoky slate CS, (yes a bit hard to see in the photos but it is there) then layered with either pool party or pink pirouette, then a whisper white layer that the bear was stamped onto directly. I added the so saffron in the little flags/bunting. I punched  the flags out of some retired colour stacks dsp  with the small banner punch. They were popped up with dimensionals and some linen thread is behind them.



Here are full shots of both cards.




And one more photo of them together.




I hope you like my cards.

 Have a lovely weekend. Cheers Donna :)


2 comments:

  1. Such cute cards Donna! I love Baby Bear. Thanks for visiting my blog & taking the time to leave a comment. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sharon you are very kind. I love Baby Bear too! Glad you stopped by. Hoping your week is fabulous. Cheers Donna :)

      Delete