Thursday 30 June 2016

Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, touch the ground....




Hello blog surfers, or as I like to refer to myself when I am blog surfing a "blurfer" so  hello "blurfers"lol.

OK so back to the post title, "Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, touch the ground..." does anyone else remember this rhyme from when they were at school? Yes? No? Maybe?

My newly arrived crafting goodies arrived this morning....YEAH, doing happy dance, well not now but I did when it arrived. So first to get inked up was this gorgeous stamp from Stampin'Up, Baby Bear. I have been haunting pinterest of late and was inspired by the lovely Amanda from The Craft Spa, click on her name to see her card that I basically copied, although I made a taller card than Amanda.  I had lots of practices getting the right combination of three brown inks to come up with this baby. I finally settled on, chocolate chip, sift suede & crumb cake.


The 3-step stamping is easy if you line up your images just so. It's simple with the photo-polymer stamps to do this. The 3 stamps are numbered. I practiced in the order stampin up suggested, 1, 2 & 3. It wasn't quite lining up for me along the bottom edge for me. Then I remembered watching a video on Stamp and Scrap with Frenchie and she mentioned that she found it easier to stamp first with the number 3 stamp and work in the reverse order. I hope that makes sense. I tried that and it lined up perfectly for me every time.

 I hope you can see from the image below that the head appears to have dimension, that's because I cut his head off ( shock horror!!!!) but I stuck it back on I really did. I  popped it up on dimensionals to give a bit of "3-D ness" ( yes this is a word!)




And one last photo for you. I used lost lagoon CS and ink and ribbon as well as the 3 brown colours mentioned earlier.

I hope you like my card as much as I do. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheers Donna :)

No comments:

Post a Comment